I have users in my office who regularly screw up windows xp/vista laptops, despite having anti-virus, service packs etc. installed. I am at my wit’s end – solving their issues again and again. But, I have an idea. What if I use a linux boot cd/live distro to boot up their conked off windows laptops – during an emergency ! I will be really thankful if someone can suggest an excellent linux live distro or boot disk ! Please remember – my users must be able to open their ms-office documents (word, excel,ppt) at least for viewing or running them. Is there any linux distro which resembles windows desktop with capability to read ms-office documents too ? Thanks a ton !!
Thanks a lot. I am overwhelmed with the answers. Most of them serve a purpose, but what I exactly want is : A linux ‘pure’ live CD that is very very close to windows look and feel. It should in no way damage existing windows files on the laptop but open all ms office files in an emergency ! Please suggest a tested, perfect distro to download and use. Thanks again.
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?