I am still new to linux/unix and I have been working with some fairly obscure academic research programs by SSHing to linux (Redhat and Solaris) servers through my laptop. I have had the administrators of the servers erase all my data once, and I want to have more control over my destiny. I have looked at using Live CDs/USBs, CoLinux, virtualizers, Cygwin, and dual-booting — but I don’t know which would be fast enough to run data/calculation intensive academic programs and also not make me destroy/re-install my current WinXP installation to do it.
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?
- What is linux?