i built a computer with a pentium d dual core 3.2 ghz 250gb western digital hdd dvd burner and a gig of ram. i bought windows xp home edition and when i boot from the cd to install it it goes to the black screen then the blues wndows setup screen and loads things at the bottom. but sometimes it will stop and just stay there forever sometimes it wont even get to the blue screen, i noe its no the dvd drive because i’ve tried drives from other computers i know work and it does the same thing. also i tried a linux live cd and that worked fine. icalled microsoft but they said since it was OEM ineeded to pay $35 for them to help me.
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?
- What is linux?
- My laptop won’t start up… I turn it on then it says “NTLDR is missing press ctlr+alt+del to restart then I”.