I have windows xp and Ubuntu 8.04 on my laptop and many live distro’s
but i wanted to install PCLinux and Dream Linux instead of running cd’s and pendrives
so i installed PCLinux first then it would boot and xp but Ubuntu wouldn’t (although i added Ubuntu’s vmlinuz location o the grub loader )
installed gag graphical boot manager and added the three OS’s but only windows would boot
so i installed PCLinux again and with the Ubuntu’s partition as the boot.
but now only Ubuntu and windows boot.
Dream Linux does not have a gparted tool so i partitioned from PCLinux then tried to install Dream
but when it reaches 59% it stops forever.
so what should i do to be able to boot the 4 OS’s (windows ,Ubuntu , PCLinux and Dream Linux )
30 GB for windows (ntfs )
30 GB vfat as a storage
another vfat 30 GB
2 GB Linux swap
7.5 GB ext3 Ubuntu
5 GB ext3 PCLinux
5 GB ext3 (with half of Dream linux files )
and like 12 GB unpartitioned space (but not for long lol )
i have been reading and searching for gnu grub for two hours now
and really i didn’t get how to do so in my case
sorry but any explain will be much appreciated
- how can i install windows Live cd?
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?