Ok, so we have a Dell Optiplex running Ubuntu and Windows on two Hard Drives (XP on one, Linux on the Other) Well, it was working beautifully, well, me and my friend decided that we were gonna try to make our own linux using Linux From Scratch, well, that wiped the Hard Drive (the Linux one) so we gave up after having difficulties, well, now when we try to boot into windows, we get the Grub screen, and it says “GRUB Loading stage1.5.
“GRUB loading, please wait…..
then nothing happens, we don’t have a Ubuntu live CD anymore, and i think i can get a windows recovery CD, we also have a USB stick running Slax Linux that we could use, how do we fix this problem?
I actually found a windows 98 recovery cd lying around and got it fixed using the fixmbr command, thanks though
- how can i install windows Live cd?
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?