I would like to learn more about Linux . I have limited funds and would like to buy a used laptop and load and run a version of Linux. I have tried this in the past but ran into problems . I was using older ibm type laptops( like 133mhz and 40mb ram) and have dial up as internet access. So I guess what I would like to know is what is a good choice for type of laptop that would be Linux friendly.I dont need anything fancy I just want to learn the process . also any recommendation of distro .
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?
- What is linux?