I have a dell optiplex gx150 and tried to install xubuntu and knoppix from the live cds. Have an atheros wifi pci card. Problem is once either system is installed and I try to update or upgrade the system thru synaptic, or even in other cases, the system reboots spontaneously. I though linux was safe from hackers. Could this be a hacker or possibly some sort of hardware problem unique to this computer?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?
- What is linux?
- My laptop won’t start up… I turn it on then it says “NTLDR is missing press ctlr+alt+del to restart then I”.