okay im new to this i need big help. my school got a new mac lab and they threw away the old ones. i asked for one and they gave it to me. its a power mac g4. im very knowledgeable about computers, the computer needed some work and it turns out that the harddrive had been completely formatted. there is no operation system on it and i do not have a boot cd. ive tried booting ubuntu linux but ubuntu requires a os to be on the computer. i have a live cd for linux from scratch and i would like to just put linux on it but every time i try to boot from a cd i just get the grey screen with the blinking file. to make matters worse i dint have a mac keyboard so im using a usb one. ive tried cmd-opn-f-o and holding down c and even comd-opn-shift-delete and nothings boots from the cd. ive put 15 hours in the past day to get this to work and im running out of ideas. PLEASE I BEG YOU. PLEASE HELP!!!! i will be eternally grateful. thanks again!
the problem with most of your answers is that ive tried al the comands and the wont work. ive tried just holding option key and nothing comes up. ive tried holding c key and nothing comes up. same with cmd optn f o. could it be the keyboard? i dont have a mac keyboard just a usb pc keyboard.
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?