I have been trying to install Ubuntu 7.04 on my system for about a week now. it has so far been entirely win xp. i burned a live cd at 8x and used data verification to ensure a good burn. stick it in the cd tray, start the computer and the first Ubuntu menu shows. (the black screen with the count down timer and the first option ‘start or install ubuntu’) i let it start and it says loading kernal…. the two progress bars go accros the top and then it goes to a black screen followed by a tanish screen. it is similar to the Ubuntu desktop top but not as good resolution and no icons or toolbars. at this point sometimes i can move the mouse around and sometimes i cant. from here nothing changes. it just sits there. i have an nvidia 6 series graphics card. an nvidia nforce 3 motherboard 2 seadisk harddrives a usb seadisk hard drive and a wireless mouse and keyboard as well as a wired mouse and keyboard
I have boot from cd/dvd as first device and it starts booting from the disk until it starts to load the desktop and i can hear the cd stop spinning
- The operting system:Ubuntu?
- how to recover the forgotten system administrator password?
- Live cd to OS?
- Hard drive virus please help me out?
- Please help me. Help me plaese.?
- How do I record music from a live radio station on my computer?
- Upgrading to Linux from Windows XP Pro.?
- Ubuntu from dead Windows Vista installation?
- What does this mean?
- is there a free driver detective software.?