I’m currently trying to run Ubuntu on my computer but i’m having some difficulties getting the live cd to work. It works fine on my laptop but not on my desktop for some reason. It boots up to the ubuntu screen (with choices for start/install, check disk integrity, and etc.). Once i choose the start/install option it goes to a load screen with the ubuntu logo and a loading bar. After the loading bar is complete, it goes to a second screen where the ubuntu logo is split into 2 (obviously a glitch/problem). After a moment it goes to an orange-brown screen and the cursor turns into an X, then an arrow. After this it just freezes. Again, the CD works fine on other computers but not mine. I run an old P4 1.7 ghz wit 512 mb ram. If anyone can help itd be great. Thanks
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?
- What is linux?