I built a computer and while I was carrying out a standard restart the power supply (450w) died with a loud pop and a flash! I purchased another power supply (500w) installed it, and it worked, which was a relief because it ment that the motherboard wasn’t fried. However Windows would not start, and through the BIOS I was able to determine that the computer did not detect the HDD, or the CD-RW drive that was previosly installed. Worried, I removed both drives and then installed just the HDD with a new IDE cable. Luckly, this worked, and I preceeded to install the CD-RW drive. But now the system will not boot completely and I receive an error message, but the computer now detects both drives correctly (HDD is master CD-RW is Slave) Error is as follows:
NVIDIA Boot Agent 242.0535
(c) 2001-2005 NVIDIA Corp
(c) 1997-2000 Intel Corp
[then 10 seconds later]
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent
Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter
- My OS crashed..how can I reload my itunes?
- I can’t boot my notebook, and someone help?
- HELP!! With Linux Ubuntu.?
- how can i install windows Live cd?
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?