I have a dell inspiroron 1150 laptop that is giving me trouble. I sold it on ebay but the guy said it wouldnt start. he shipped it back. now indeed he was partly right. I had said in the ad that if u dropped it it would suspend and then battery and ac removal and reattaching would start it again. I almost expect that he tampered with it. But here is the problem: when it boots up it goes only into a screen where it stops and wont do anything else. The screen has just a bunch of gibberish on it- numbers and letters and a few words and it fills the whole screen. Has anyone experienced this and can u tell me if it might be the motherboard- has integrated video, the hard drive (tho it wouldnt even boot to a linux cd), the memory, or the cpu? Or could a virus cause this problem?
re the memory- i replaced the memory with new one and was reinstalling windows xp and bumped the laptop and it went into suspend mode. the same problem it had before. it must be a bad cpu or motherboard so i think i will give it up and resell on ebay as a repair or for parts. hate to put money into this thing especially as i dont know if it is just a loose connection, and where,or the cpu or motherboard.
- Slaved Hard Drive Problem?
- The operting system:Ubuntu?
- how to recover the forgotten system administrator password?
- Live cd to OS?
- Hard drive virus please help me out?
- Please help me. Help me plaese.?
- How do I record music from a live radio station on my computer?
- Upgrading to Linux from Windows XP Pro.?
- Ubuntu from dead Windows Vista installation?
- What does this mean?