I’ve had my laptop since Christmas, and I recently kicked smelly vista into the trash and put windows 7 beta on. [Don't even think about saying that that's my problem, because it is much more stable than vista!!] So anyway, recently my computer wouldn’t boot after left unplugged and had the battery die, and I used an Ubuntu Live CD to try to copy my data out, but It was unable to mount the drive and said something about ntfs inconsistencies, corruption, or hardware failure [please! no! I'd rather data loss!] So, I’ve removed my drive from my laptop and will connect it to an external hard drive assembly to run chkdsk under linux’s reccomendation, and if that doesn’t help, I need some suggestions for data recovery software. Thanks in advance!
- The operting system:Ubuntu?
- how to recover the forgotten system administrator password?
- Live cd to OS?
- Hard drive virus please help me out?
- Please help me. Help me plaese.?
- How do I record music from a live radio station on my computer?
- Upgrading to Linux from Windows XP Pro.?
- Ubuntu from dead Windows Vista installation?
- What does this mean?
- is there a free driver detective software.?