I am completely new to anything that is Linux. I just installed Ubuntu Linux 8.04 from a Live CD to my computer a few minutes ago. Now, I wanted to boot back into Windows, and GRUB 1.5 will not let me. This is what happens: I restart my computer, I choose Windows XP Media Center after GRUB 1.5 lets me pick which OS to boot, and it says “Loading” and nothing ever happens after that. There is never even an error message that pops up. Only Ubuntu will load. How do I fix this problem? I installed Linux on the same drive where Windows was. Is it still there? You don’t know HOW much I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me an easy & understanable way how to fix this. I still have my HP Recovery discs, can I use those? Please PLEASE help. I’ll give more details if it is necessary…
Everything seems to work fine with GRUB 1.5, then I select Windows XP Media Center (which is the Windows OS I have), and *correction to what I wrote earlier, It says “Starting Up” but It never does. Should I just do an HP Recovery, please help I feel like I really screwed things up please be on the line.
- My OS crashed..how can I reload my itunes?
- I can’t boot my notebook, and someone help?
- HELP!! With Linux Ubuntu.?
- how can i install windows Live cd?
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?