I recently installed Ubuntu Linux and have a duel boot with my Windows XP. I had never used Linux before and fell in LOVE. I would make a complete transition, but unfortunately, my sound card will not work. I have run my Live CD on other machines and (wouldn’t you know it) the only computer that the sound won’t work on is my Sony Vaio. I consider myself a very computer savvy person, but I am all new to Linux. So please keep the instructions “idiot-friendly”. My sound card is a Intel 82801DB-ICH4 (Alas Mixer). I have a Sony Vaio PCG-4C1L. Oh, just so everyone is aware, I have tried ajusting advanced volume control and all of the articles on the Ubuntu homepage using the search key “no sound sony vaio”.
I am running version 8.04. Also, my system is a laptop (speakers are built in)
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?
- What is linux?