Ok, sofar I am seeing a lot of questions about recovering corrupted drives, etc. My laptop recently took a dive off of a table and lets just say the connection for the power supply is rolling around inside it someplace. Still booted fine with the battery however that is obviously dead and unable to be charged now. I had bought an external shell for the laptop hard-drive that connected via USB in the past (same laptop had lost one hard-drive over the years). My desktop sees the new device when it is plugged in, I hear the hard-drive making noise inside the external case, but cannot seem to access it or anything. Anyone have ideas/suggestions? I would really love to get my scuba diving photos off this little hard-drive without having to buy a whole new laptop, and from what I have been told nobody wants to even try repairing the current broken one.
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?