I have a Toshiba A215-S7422 and I’m having trouble with linux. I tried to use BackTrack2 a few months ago. When I tried to boot from the live CD, i was able to log in, but when i used starx (i think thats what it was) i started to try to boot, and then it got stuck in a some sort of loop. Today Idecided to try to play aroung with Ubuntu, and when I select the start/install option, it just sits there. My guess is that it is stuck in a loop again, but since it doesnt show the progress like the BackTrack does, im not sure. The CD drive seems to be making the same noise over and over. For both of them I let them sit there for a long time (20 min) It isnt the CDs because they both worked in my desktop, and a friends Dell laptop. Any ideas?
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?