I have tried both the livecd version and the usb minimal install and neither one will work. On the live cd it stops at a screen that says “boot:” I enter in “gentoo” and it goes through this short boot process then says “ready” then just goes to black screen. When I load with kernel “gentoo-nofb” it loads than screams to a halt at “init 14″ stack something and wont go further. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ok I managed to get the cd to load, I had to use this command string “gentoo acpi=off doapm nosata” and it loaded. Now after I install it comes up like it is loading then just freezes after it says ready, and at the bottom it says something like “init 14″ and a bunch of numbers then , stack and a bunch of numbers
- I can’t boot my notebook, and someone help?
- HELP!! With Linux Ubuntu.?
- how can i install windows Live cd?
- will linux run on my laptop???
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?