I recently installed Linux Ubuntu on a external laptop hard drive to keep vista on my internal drive. Ubuntu worked fine but there was one problem, the external hard drive had to be present in order to boot windows using Grub. In order to save myself from a future frustration (external drive being damaged or missing).
But my problem is this: now every time that I connect my external HDD (with Ubuntu installed) it doesn’t even show up on “My computer”. So I want to format it to the way it was (clean)
If not through windows, Can someone tell me how to format it throu the Live CD?
- The operting system:Ubuntu?
- how to recover the forgotten system administrator password?
- Live cd to OS?
- Hard drive virus please help me out?
- Please help me. Help me plaese.?
- How do I record music from a live radio station on my computer?
- Upgrading to Linux from Windows XP Pro.?
- Ubuntu from dead Windows Vista installation?
- What does this mean?
- is there a free driver detective software.?