I’m a newbie and never used linux 8.10 ubuntu on an acer 5720z, i have a live cd of ubuntu but have read in a few places that my wireless will not work with ubuntu, you have to install backport modules??? not sure what that means but i need help real bad.
i have tried to boot from live cd and once ubuntu is running it doesn’t show a wireless connection. Tho when im in vista the wireless is visible. I read somewhere that you have to install or enable backport module or something of the sort. I have not a clue of what they are talking about or even how to do that??? can someone please help me???
My wireless is still not working on my acer 5720z. Did a search on how to fix wireless on my 5720 in ubuntu, no results. can someone help, i have the lsicp from terminal of ubuntu email me at firstname.lastname@example.org fof that info.
- Computer logging/locking issues?
- Using an external hard drive OS on another machine?
- A Microsoft Free life on a PC….Installing a new OS….?
- Do I have to reinstall windows to install linux?
- Linux installation ?
- need good free video editing software that allows me to crop and have 2 layers of video?
- live cd OS?
- i had a duel boot with windows xp and mandriva linux i upgraded to vista and now the dual boot is gone?
- My computer won’t start, any suggestions?
- What is linux?